Saturday, April 4, 2009

Honor, Respect, Loyalty, & Integrity: 4 Lost Arts pt. 1



My Best friend Deuce once told me this, he said " U cannot buy loyalty." I think about what he said now and i realize that loyalty is a lost virtue that alot of people have forgotten. The Same goes for Honor, Respect, and Integrity. I think that these lost virtues is the reason why our neighborhoods are the way they are as well as the social interaction with men/women and the young/old. Honor is something that alot of women have said is dead, but it is not dead it's just a lost art like Virtue in a woman. Honor is something that has not been taught in our homes and our society. Corruption is everywhere and like the saying goes "There is no honor among thieves."

That saying reminds me when i was in a gang (don't worry about which one) and alot of the things they teach you are these things. But there ain't none of these virtues among thieves. Like in the movie Malcolm X he could see death but he couldn't see betrayal. Why is betrayal so rampant? Because no one have the decency to be loyal, have honor, respect, or integrity. I would watch the movie Elizabeth, now u would think that it was a chick flick but actually that movie was gangsta it was like a mafia movie but on a royal level cuz Sir Francis Walsinghamm was gangsta. When he captures the earl of Norfolk right and the earl is like kill me i'm gon be a martyr and the people will remember me, Walsinghamm shuts him up and says No they will forget. And what he tells him next was so key to me he says, " You could've been a great man, but you didn't have the courage to be loyal." And that is very important cause alot of people don't have the courage to be loyal. They will slit your throat on their way up

But i think of women when it comes to this at times, cause i'm a lover of women and i study them like they are a safari animal on National Geographic. One of the patterns I have seen is this, (Now this is jus what i have seen from black women in my life time i could be wrong but if i am i will retract my statement) y'all are loyal to the wrong men. Basically y'all are loyal to the one's that hits that p**** right. I can't explain what it is but that's what i see. And this is the thing when you find out that that man ain't gon be loyal to you y'all flip out cuz you don't see it coming or you do but you choose to ignore that. Now we as guys have this same problem too we be loyal to the chick that is a liability. Jus simpin like it's no tomorrow like gifts and sh** is going to buy her loyalty, WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Loyalty, true Loyalty come from actually respect and love but more from respect.

Everybody thinks that hard things are the bad things but in all actuality the hardest things are the things that are morally right. It's easy to be disloyal but it's hard to be loyal and keep on being loyal. This is very true in relationships and marriages. So find some one that is loyal to you just because it's you whether its a friend or a girlfriend. I was blessed to find loyal friends at the earliest part of my adult life and the lessons that they teach me i try to share with y'all. So Thanks you guys: Ryan, Juston, Segi, Nikki, Kasha, Jarod, Lil, Arty, and Deuce (just to name a few). So people have the courage to be loyal and choose the right people to be loyal to.

I write what I see and I see what I write
See Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment